SWEET CHILI COCONUT RAMEN
When you're done hiking, kayaking, bike packing for the day or when you reach that well deserved destination, you want a hearty, filling meal that's easy, filling and delicious. Our coconut ramen is just that. You'll be eating fresh food with a Thai and Japanese inspired flavor punch that'll knock you right out.
• Put Coconut Milk in a 12oz water bottle to lighten the load
• You pre-chop Sweet Peppers and place them in a small container to ease prep
• Store oil in a small squeeze bottle
• Transport all perishable food items in the middle of your pack, away from your body and the elements.
• 1 Pocket Rocket mini stove with propane. get one
• 1 Snowpeak 750ml Titanium Pot. get one
• 1 Keith Titanium 600ml Pan. get one
• Toaks Titanium Spork. get one
• 8.5" x 6" Bamboo Cutting Board. get one
• Schmidt Bros No.6 4" Pairing Knife. get one
• Generic Chop Sticks
• 1 pack of Chili Ramen
• 13.5 ounces of Coconut Milk
• 3 sweet mini peppers
• Olive Oil
• Salt & Pepper
If you didn't pre chop your sweet mini peppers now is the time to do so. Place them on your cutting board and chop them into half inch squares with your knife.
Assemble your stove and set burner to about medium low. Since we are slow cooking and not trying to boil this will work just fine. Place your pan on the stove and let it heat up. If your pan is titanium that should take about 10-15 seconds. Add about a tbsp of olive oil.
Add your chopped peppers and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until charred and soft. About 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from stove.
Turn the heat up to medium on the stove. Add coconut milk to your pot along with the seasoning packet from your chili ramen. Place on stove and bring to boil. QUICKLY bring heat to low. The coconut milk will overflow if you aren't careful. Cook ramen in coconut chili milk for about 4-5 minutes.
Once the ramen is cooked turn off stove. Using hand protection pour coconut chili milk into the pan that contains your sweet mini peppers. Stir and mix the oils and flavor from the peppers with the coconut chili milk. Let sit 1 minute. Dig in.